esr has asked for the
wisdom of the Perl Monks concerning the following question:
I have a program in ActivePerl in a Windows environment which has been used successfully for a long time. I am in the process of making some "improvements" to it and in the debugging process I got an error message which is unintelligble to me. It says:
"Can't coerce UNKNOWN to string in gv at sked.test.pl line 486".
The line number identified is defining an array in a part of the program that hasn't been modified. I don't know how to fix whatever it was that I did to cause this because I don't know what the error message is trying to tell me. Help.