I have learned greatly from the series of articles by Ovid posted at Modern Perl Books about Test::Class. If you're ready to take your testing to the next level, this is a great place to learn the ropes from someone who knows.
- Organizing Test Suites with Test::Class — A basic example, testing a "Person" class made with Moose.
- Reusing Test Code with Test::Class — Refactoring tests to avoid duplicating code.
- Making Your Testing Life Easier — Code to automatically discover your tests, vim aliases to ease testing, and more.
- Using Test Control Methods with Test::Class — Methods that run before and after tests similar to BEGIN and END blocks.
- Working with Test::Class Test Suites — Make your classes behave like xUnit classes, performance, and more.
I've been using what I've learned here in a new project recently, and I've been very happy with the results.