after several emails, discussions and feedback with worldwide Perl translators (thank you to all), I'm very happy to announce pod2.perl.org
site and email@example.com
pod2.perl.org is intended to be the umbrella for several goals:
- build a community of translators, by writing the guidelines, by sharing experience, resource, tools and so on.
- (of course) do the translations of pods (core and extra) and publish them using POD2:: namespace.
- discuss about a translation platform for pods (by creating a new one or better deciding to use an existing one, without to reinvent the wheel).
- perldoc/Pod::Perldoc improvements.
- publish readable version of translated pods using perldoc.perl.org code.
- promote, more in general, localized Perl documentation.
If you are interested and/or you are involved in some Perl
documentation translation project, please subscribe to the maling list
(by sending a mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
). The list archives are available at http://www.nntp.perl.org/
contains a temporary home page. The main site
is under pod2.perl.org/wiki
(MojoMojo powered) and it contains
a brief summary of translation projects.
Have fun with pod2.perl.org!