in reply to reputer reply
Man, reputer is going to answer all my reputation questions.Here are some comments I have after having had a bit of a play with it.
- The documentation is extremely good and to the point. Too bad there is not a lot of it :)
- When you run reputer and click on its link to come to this page, the URL appears as
http://www.perlmonks.org//index.pl?node=reputer+reply which makes things barf later
on. This could be because I set my "domain" as http://www.perlmonks.org/ (note the trailing slash).
- When I started it up, the script died with a mysterious error (okay, it coughed up the line
number). Turns out that in sub getsave had code like
open(DAT,"> $_") or die "$!";
I think it's better to be more explicit about what's going on
open(DAT,"> $_") or die "open $_ for output: $!";
- From here I was able to figure out what was going on, namely, a place to write the
reputer data files, which gets back to the documentation... it's takes a bit of sleuthing
to find out what the script wants in order to get it going. Some of the things included:
setting up a directory chowned to nobody, fixing the shebang line
- When I ran the script with warnings enabled it spewed loads of messages into the
error_log. Are you interested in patches?
- Is your spacebar broken? A little whitespace would go along way to lightening up the code
and making it a bit readable, e.g. lining up assignments, a space between my and the variable it declares
More later as I play further.
g r i n d e r