The Inception dream level I program Perl in is:
in reply to poll ideas quest 2010
- Level 1: Reality. I maintain legacy code written a long time ago with a team of not-so-great 'programmers'. My manager does not understand software engineering.
- Level 2: Van Chase: I'm a sysadmin who has to poop out Perl code in a moment's notice to solve problems as they come at me like a freight train down the highway.
- Level 3: The Hotel: When the requirements change (surprise!) and the team has to scramble I'm the one who comes through, or blows the elevator with C4.
- Level 4: Snow Fortress: I know my skillset is lacking, so I will make it so hard for anyone to maintain my cargo-culted scripts, that it's gonna take a whole team of experts.
- Level 5: Limbo: I only want to work on interesting problems where I can actually innovate and control the universe as I see it. In the end, everyone is better off if the "team" is just me and vi.
- Level 6: Cthulhu
- Level 7: CowboyNeal's bedroom