Re^10: Thread Design helpby perlCrazy (Monk)
|on Sep 11, 2010 at 10:05 UTC||Need Help??|
Thanks for quick response. please see my comments
1. Connect : if datasever then DBI, if host then ssh or tcp
2. Process: remotely on the server if host.
if database then execute few sql query
3. How long will that processing run? >> for few server it might take hour, for few it will take less.
4. Get the data: How much data?
>> data will vary from dataserver to dataserver, depending on activities on server. it can be in KB but not more than 1-2 MB. Since we are planning to run very frequently so we can handle data properly.
5. Write to file:
Just read & write as is, or read, process locally and write?
>>read, process locally and then write.
6. Connect again may be after 1/2 hour: Exactly half an hour? Or as quickly as possible after all other servers have been serviced?
>> this we will decide, depending onnature od dataserver we can decide interval time.
7. What determines the frequency of reconnection? How important is the timing? Must it be done to the second, or is 'best endevours' good enough?
>>depends on interval time or we can decide the best way. idea is to collect data after every 10 minutes or 30 minutes, from each server
8. should run for many servers ( may be 1000s):
You don't yet know? How many 1000s?
>>This will keep growing in future. initially we are targetting for 1000.