in reply to
RFC: Purpose of Robes in Monasteries
I completely completely support Anonymous Monk++ because the pros are so much more important than the cons.
- Anon knows more than any of us. (Many knowledgeable people > you.)
- Freedom: anon fears no social repercussions and thus will speak with a freer tongue in politically charged situations.
- Anon is the gateway drug to the crack of PerlMonks. (Easy for new lusers.)
- It can be hard to make sense of threads with 5 instances of anon responding. (It helps if you add least add some kind of handle, but whatever.)
- Easy to confuse with AnomalousMonk because I'm old and my eyes are bad.