Your skill will accomplish
what the force of many cannot
running Gitalist as a sub-directory of my main web siteby punkish (Priest)
|on Sep 06, 2011 at 13:17 UTC||Need Help??|
punkish has asked for the
wisdom of the Perl Monks concerning the following question:
I installed Gitalist via cpanm against my Perlbrew Perl 5.14.1. I would like to run Gitalist so it appears as a sub-directory of my main web site, that is, at http://mywebsite.com/gitalist, however, none of the instructions in the module documentation seem to address this scenario.
Bumbling around, I can run it on http://127.0.0.1:some_port_num either via the bundled PSGI web server or via plackup, but then I can't access that web site from anything other than the localhost. On the other hand, I can use Apache's mod_proxy to access http://mywebsite.com/gitalist, and let apache proxy everything /gitalist to http://127.0.0.1:some_port_num. However, then the internal links in Gitalist are all broken. Gitalist generates the links for its images and css based on http://127.0.0.1:some_port_num, so they are all broken from http://mywebsite.com/gitalist.
I am unable to set up a VirtualHost on this web server. Suggestions?
Update: I did a terrible job explaining my problem above. So, here is another attempt, hopefully, clearer.
I have no problem running the Gitalist app. It works fine if I invoke it as a standalone server like so.
Now I view the web site at http://127.0.0.1:3000. I can do a similar thing with plackup, and even specify a different port. All is good. However, I want to access the site at http://mywebserver.edu./gitalist. So, I set up an apache config file for the gitalist website like so
Then I started the built-in gitalist server like above
Now I can go to http://mywebserver.edu./gitalist and the gitalist web site appears, except, all the internal links still point to http://127.0.0.1:3000. As a result, none of the CSS or the images appear correctly. All these links should be pointing to http://mywebserver.edu./gitalist. So, http://127.0.0.1:3000/path/to/gitalist.css should be http://mywebserver.edu./gitalist/path/to/gitalist.css. I don't see any Gitalist config option that allows me to change these links. And, this can't be solved with mod_rewrite.
I hope my issue is clearer now.
when small people start casting long shadows, it is time to go to bed