|Just another Perl shrine|
Re: Everyone Hates Me!by simon.proctor (Vicar)
|on Jul 22, 2001 at 01:13 UTC||Need Help??|
Ok theres been a lot of large posts on this but I think I can summarise:
1. People don't hate you - just don't use profanity and don't be rude
2. People are busy - don't always expect long answers.
3. If your answer is in a manual - expect to be told to read the manual and ask the question again if you don't understand what the manual says
4. Programming is an art - most people are good through practise and experience. This takes time but they all started at ground zero.
5. If you don't like what someone says to you - just ignore it. They may something you like later in which case you'll be glad you listened.
6. Programming is about fun - try to have it whereever possible - I personally believe only Perl can do this (seriously)
I suggest you just wipe the slate clean and think twice post once. You'll get the hang of things and you'll be glad you did.