I'm doing some market research for Stratopan. I'd like to know how people manage the upgrade and deployment of CPAN modules. Some of the choices I see are:
- Install from a local mini CPAN
- Vendor packages (RPM, PPM, Debian Pkgs)
- Install directly from public CPAN
- Stash the tarballs from CPAN in version control
- Build the modules directly into our source tree
- Use carton and/or cpanfile
- Don't use any CPAN modules
- Never upgrade any CPAN modules
Aside just helping me, I think this poll would shed some light on how CPAN modules are handled in the wild, which could lead to some insights on how to improve the toolchain
I'd really appreciate if you all would consider running this poll in the near future. Thanks for your time
Posts are HTML formatted. Put <p> </p> tags around your paragraphs. Put <code> </code> tags around your code and data!
Read Where should I post X? if you're not absolutely sure you're posting in the right place.
Please read these before you post! —
Posts may use any of the Perl Monks Approved HTML tags:
Outside of code tags, you may need to use entities for some characters:
- a, abbr, b, big, blockquote, br, caption, center, col, colgroup, dd, del, div, dl, dt, em, font, h1, h2, h3, h4, h5, h6, hr, i, ins, li, ol, p, pre, readmore, small, span, spoiler, strike, strong, sub, sup, table, tbody, td, tfoot, th, thead, tr, tt, u, ul, wbr
Link using PerlMonks shortcuts! What shortcuts can I use for linking?
See Writeup Formatting Tips and other pages linked from there for more info.
| & || & |
| < || < |
| > || > |
| [ || [ |
| ] || ] ||