Good Afternoon All,
These are 2 questions for Corion. I'm asking them here as I think it might help others !
1. I noticed that Mechanize::Firefox does not consistently return usable links when you use $mech->find_all_links
2. I spent quite some time tracing through perl debug
3. I think I understand what's going on.
4. If you navigate to http://m.rte.ie and examine one of the news links in Firebug you will notice that the href in the HTML is not the same as the href in the DOM.
5. This was not obvious to me at the start!
Is this correct ? Mech::firefox picks up href from the DOM ?
- If so it might be worth making this a little bit clearer in your cpan entry. Perhaps it is clear. but it wasn't to me. (Excuses I'm not a perl pro)
If this is correct could you suggest how I might access all the links consistently ? My thought at the moment is to reexamine the outerHTML. This seems very clumsy !!
Posts are HTML formatted. Put <p> </p> tags around your paragraphs. Put <code> </code> tags around your code and data!
Read Where should I post X? if you're not absolutely sure you're posting in the right place.
Please read these before you post! —
Posts may use any of the Perl Monks Approved HTML tags:
You may need to use entities for some characters, as follows. (Exception: Within code tags, you can put the characters literally.)
- a, abbr, b, big, blockquote, br, caption, center, col, colgroup, dd, del, div, dl, dt, em, font, h1, h2, h3, h4, h5, h6, hr, i, ins, li, ol, p, pre, readmore, small, span, spoiler, strike, strong, sub, sup, table, tbody, td, tfoot, th, thead, tr, tt, u, ul, wbr
Link using PerlMonks shortcuts! What shortcuts can I use for linking?
See Writeup Formatting Tips and other pages linked from there for more info.
| & || & |
| < || < |
| > || > |
| [ || [ |
| ] || ] ||