I'll counter your points with:
- So's python
- So's python
- Likewise with python (although admittedly not as good as the CPAN)
- Likewise python
- But you probably don't want to
- Yup, but that's not what most people do these days. It might apply to your group, but even then they'd probably be better off using proper APIs instead of "screen scraping"
- Just like python
- Your personal taste is not a good reason for other people to use it
Of all your reasons, the only one that I find compelling is that there are lots of useful things on the CPAN.
Posts are HTML formatted. Put <p> </p> tags around your paragraphs. Put <code> </code> tags around your code and data!
Read Where should I post X? if you're not absolutely sure you're posting in the right place.
Please read these before you post! —
Posts may use any of the Perl Monks Approved HTML tags:
Outside of code tags, you may need to use entities for some characters:
- a, abbr, b, big, blockquote, br, caption, center, col, colgroup, dd, del, div, dl, dt, em, font, h1, h2, h3, h4, h5, h6, hr, i, ins, li, ol, p, pre, readmore, small, span, spoiler, strike, strong, sub, sup, table, tbody, td, tfoot, th, thead, tr, tt, u, ul, wbr
Link using PerlMonks shortcuts! What shortcuts can I use for linking?
See Writeup Formatting Tips and other pages linked from there for more info.
| & || & |
| < || < |
| > || > |
| [ || [ |
| ] || ] ||