Question/Topic: Do you use Perl::Critic/perlcritic in your coding projects?
- Yes-executed automagically by my VCS of choice on commit.
- Yes-executed automagically by my editor of choice on save.
- Yes-'perlcritic -5' (be gentle with me).
- Yes-'perlcritic -4' (Ooooh! I like it when you are stern with me).
- Yes-'perlcritic -3' (Harsher! Harsher! Oh yeah!).
- Yes-'perlcritic -2' (the crueler you are, the stronger I become).
- Yes-'perlcritic -1' (for only by brutal honesty can I strive for coding perfection).
- Yes-but the level I use depends on what I am working on.
- Intermittently-depends on the project/code I am working on.
- Intermittently-but trying to get better about it.
- Intermittently-when I think of it.
- Intermittently-I am just starting to try it out.
- No-I am aware of "best practices", but object to one or more suggested in the book.
- No-I am aware of "best practices", but who has the time??
- No-I let someone else (CowboyNeal, paco, NodeReaper, etc.) run it for me.
- No-I've written code for nn+ years-I don't need some script trying to tell me how to code.
- No-I don't need no stinking "best practices"!!
- No-does this mean you will not do my homework for me??
- What are these "best practices" of which you speak?
Posts are HTML formatted. Put <p> </p> tags around your paragraphs. Put <code> </code> tags around your code and data!
Titles consisting of a single word are discouraged, and in most cases are disallowed outright.
Read Where should I post X? if you're not absolutely sure you're posting in the right place.
Please read these before you post! —
Posts may use any of the Perl Monks Approved HTML tags:
You may need to use entities for some characters, as follows. (Exception: Within code tags, you can put the characters literally.)
- a, abbr, b, big, blockquote, br, caption, center, col, colgroup, dd, del, div, dl, dt, em, font, h1, h2, h3, h4, h5, h6, hr, i, ins, li, ol, p, pre, readmore, small, span, spoiler, strike, strong, sub, sup, table, tbody, td, tfoot, th, thead, tr, tt, u, ul, wbr
Link using PerlMonks shortcuts! What shortcuts can I use for linking?
See Writeup Formatting Tips and other pages linked from there for more info.
| & || & |
| < || < |
| > || > |
| [ || [ |
| ] || ] ||