The following blatherings have been on my homenode a while, for lack of a better place to put them. This thread looks like a good home. 8^P
striving toward Perl Adept
(it's pronounced "why-bick")
Diary of a frustrated !(AS|PPM) Perl install on Win2k
- Retrieve and install Siemens' precompiled 5.00503 binary for win32.
- Edit d:\perl\5.00503\lib\MSWin32-x86\Config.pm to reflect installed drive letter if not default "C" (thanks to OeufMayo, Yohimbe)
- Retrieve and install pmake.
- perl Makefile.PL
- perl -I. pmake
- perl -Mblib pmake test
- perl -Mblib pmake install
- Copy Make.pm to d:\perl\site\500503\lib\
- Install pure-Perl CPAN modules.
- perl Makefile.PL
- pmake.bat test
- pmake.bat install
- Tie::IxHash - succeed
- Net::Telnet - succeed
- Term::ReadKey - <font size="-1">fail
- Net::Telnet::Cisco - fail
- Keep digging - shouldn't have to manually copy .pm files to d:\perl\site\500503\lib\ ?!
- Continue pondering free(beer|speech) compilers for modules containing C/C++.
- from crazyinsomniac, but I've not got this far:
- MM_Win32 UNINSTALL= $(Perl)... line doesn't appear to be valid perl syntaxt...
- The \"\" stuff and also multiple -e switches...
- Replace the \"\" with qq()...
- Make needs the \ at the end of the line...
- Give up. Install ActivePerl instead.
- Try again later. Maybe. If I get bored and ambitious
Resources for compiling Perl from source on Win32.
Posts are HTML formatted. Put <p> </p> tags around your paragraphs. Put <code> </code> tags around your code and data!
Read Where should I post X? if you're not absolutely sure you're posting in the right place.
Please read these before you post! —
Posts may use any of the Perl Monks Approved HTML tags:
Outside of code tags, you may need to use entities for some characters:
- a, abbr, b, big, blockquote, br, caption, center, col, colgroup, dd, del, div, dl, dt, em, font, h1, h2, h3, h4, h5, h6, hr, i, ins, li, ol, p, pre, readmore, small, span, spoiler, strike, strong, sub, sup, table, tbody, td, tfoot, th, thead, tr, tt, u, ul, wbr
Link using PerlMonks shortcuts! What shortcuts can I use for linking?
See Writeup Formatting Tips and other pages linked from there for more info.
| & || & |
| < || < |
| > || > |
| [ || [ |
| ] || ] ||