- Never deploy software on a Friday.
- Never deploy software just before quitting time.
- Never deploy software just before lunch.
- Always backup the production code on the servers before updating it. Even with source control, and strict CM, you can't go home again.
- The old software had bugs, the new software has bugs. Anyone who says differently is selling something.
- Make sure someone else knows what you did and when you did it verbally. Chatter spreads faster than memos, and people listen to gossip.
- Invite others to watch.
Posts are HTML formatted. Put <p> </p> tags around your paragraphs. Put <code> </code> tags around your code and data!
Read Where should I post X? if you're not absolutely sure you're posting in the right place.
Please read these before you post! —
Posts may use any of the Perl Monks Approved HTML tags:
Outside of code tags, you may need to use entities for some characters:
- a, abbr, b, big, blockquote, br, caption, center, col, colgroup, dd, del, div, dl, dt, em, font, h1, h2, h3, h4, h5, h6, hr, i, ins, li, ol, p, pre, readmore, small, span, spoiler, strike, strong, sub, sup, table, tbody, td, tfoot, th, thead, tr, tt, u, ul, wbr
Link using PerlMonks shortcuts! What shortcuts can I use for linking?
See Writeup Formatting Tips and other pages linked from there for more info.
| & || & |
| < || < |
| > || > |
| [ || [ |
| ] || ] ||