- Making Scrap Nodes permanent
I think there is a problem with moving a complete node
tree, as not everything in that tree is worth keeping -
if I post something as a reply to a Scrap Node, I maybe don't
want it to be kept or even voted on :). Then there
also is the "problem" that one gets no XP if a Scrap node tree
is made permanent. On the other side, such is life.
As for the pasting issue, you always have access to the source
of nodes created by you, so you can cutīnīpaste the source
from there into the new node... This won't help if the
creating user went offline before the decision for
node permanentness and copying all temp nodes was made ...
I see need for more discussion on that topic !
- Linking into Scrap Nodes
changes to the engine, we can't prevent people from
linking into Scrap Nodes and maybe it's even helpful,
for example for posting a link into the chatterbox.
- Access to Scrap Nodes
Your solution would be the most elegant solution I guess,
by allowing replies to Scrap Nodes, we avoid the
multiple-access issue completely.
- Posts are HTML formatted. Put <p> </p> tags around your paragraphs. Put <code> </code> tags around your code and data!
- Titles consisting of a single word are discouraged, and in most cases are disallowed outright.
Read Where should I post X? if you're not absolutely sure you're posting in the right place.
Please read these before you post! —
Posts may use any of the Perl Monks Approved HTML tags:
- a, abbr, b, big, blockquote, br, caption, center, col, colgroup, dd, del, div, dl, dt, em, font, h1, h2, h3, h4, h5, h6, hr, i, ins, li, ol, p, pre, readmore, small, span, spoiler, strike, strong, sub, sup, table, tbody, td, tfoot, th, thead, tr, tt, u, ul, wbr
You may need to use entities for some characters, as follows. (Exception: Within code tags, you can put the characters literally.)
| & || & |
| < || < |
| > || > |
| [ || [ |
| ] || ] |
- Link using PerlMonks shortcuts! What shortcuts can I use for linking?
See Writeup Formatting Tips and other pages linked from there for more info.