OK, to keep this on-topic I''l answer the question first....
STAR WARS (later known as A New Hope - what a stupid name for such a wonderful movie...) It was perfect on it's own. It was groundbreaking, exciting, breathtakingly NEW. It had great actors: Harrison Ford, Carrie Fischer, and Sir Alac Guiness to mention a few... it had great plot, it had subtext, and it had The Force, a mystical thing that was hard to describe but could be instantly related to.
It did not need to be edited. The scene with Jabba was not necessary, the extra buildings in Mos Eisley were not needed, and naturally one of the best scenes was DESTROYED.....Greedo shooting first.... STUPID. And having Boba Fett standing there next to Jabba was also unecessary.
It truly didn't NEED any sequels at all. That being said, The Empire Strikes Back, another bad title, is by far the most dramatic. Hell it HAS drama, the rest of the sequels simply don't.
SO.... NOW ON TO THE GAME
I won't give my opinion of SW2. It's pointless & redundant. No wait, I DID just give my opinion... ;-D
Anyway my wife & I have invented a drinking game worthy of watching this film. (If nothing else it'll help you get through the whole thing.)
It goes like this:
Watch the movie with LOTS of beer. Every scene that comes up, someone yells out the movie it was STOLEN from. Then everyone else drinks. UNLESS, someone else calls out an EARLIER reference that was ripped off.
Here are some examples to get you started. Please feel free to respond with your own!
- Janguar Fett & Obi-wan fighting in the rain on a rooftop: THE CROW (drink) no... BLADERUNNER!(you drink)
- Boba Fett staring at his father's helmet face to face: BACKDRAFT!
- Janguar Fett....: IRON MAN (ok not a movie but you get the idea)
- On the water planet of the cloners (I forgot the name) the critter breaks through the waves & flies with a rider on it's back: HEAVY METAL
- The 'execution' scene: GLADIATOR!
- First creature to emerge in the arena: JURASSIC PARK!
- Second creature to appear: ALIENS! no wait...not quite, ok this one's a stretch: It's Sebastian from the Little Mermaid after smoking the weed from Class of Nuke 'em High
- The third beastie to emerge: THE LION KING!
- Obi-wan lands on the water planet & walks through the first portal into an all white glowing room: 2001 a Space Odyssey!
- R2D2 flying: BATTERIES NOT INCLUDED**
- Jumping out of hovercars in traffic on Corrisant: THE FIFTH ELEMENT
- Yoda's Fight Scene: THE TASMANIAN DEVIL!
- Dooku/Darth Tyrannus: FELLOWSHIP OF THE RING! (Same costume practically, with BattleStar Galactica's Commander Adama's clasps on his cape. & more or less the same character also! A very powerful jedi/magi turned by the Dark Side)
- Darth Tyrannus lying by telling the truth (About Darth Sidious): well that one's from the Bible... The Virgin Birth in Episode one, same thing...
- If somehow you're not getting drunk enough from this, try identifying alien-heads from old Star Trek episodes for bonus points.
- Everyone who still has all of your body parts, drink every time someone loses one.
- Drink every time Anakin breaks/loses another light sabre - because you know you wouldn't have dropped yours
- Everyone yell "GEORGE LUCAS SUCKS" every time someone gives a painfully bad line like: "This party's over" or "what a drag" ARRRGH... Drink because you need one after that...
So that's the idea... Now you can blame your alcoholism on Georgey boy and yours truly.
Wait! This isn't a Parachute, this is a Backpack!
Posts are HTML formatted. Put <p> </p> tags around your paragraphs. Put <code> </code> tags around your code and data!
Read Where should I post X? if you're not absolutely sure you're posting in the right place.
Please read these before you post! —
Posts may use any of the Perl Monks Approved HTML tags:
Outside of code tags, you may need to use entities for some characters:
- a, abbr, b, big, blockquote, br, caption, center, col, colgroup, dd, del, div, dl, dt, em, font, h1, h2, h3, h4, h5, h6, hr, i, ins, li, ol, p, pre, readmore, small, span, spoiler, strike, strong, sub, sup, table, tbody, td, tfoot, th, thead, tr, tt, u, ul, wbr
Link using PerlMonks shortcuts! What shortcuts can I use for linking?
See Writeup Formatting Tips and other pages linked from there for more info.
| & || & |
| < || < |
| > || > |
| [ || [ |
| ] || ] ||