Some further points:
- We should make votes from higher monks more weighty, and
if a monk is above a certain level (monk, for instance), they
should be able to see a post and the score of the post before
voting to ensure that the post is not getting inflated
- If the XP based levels ever need to be changed, vroom
should probably change the XP for each level by a set
percentage, and then increase each existing monk's XP by
that same percentage.
- Questions, depending on the level of the monk posting,
should be limited
to a certain reputation, but higher level monks can vote on a
node regardless of reputation of the node.
- Posts in the Snippets, Code, Craft, and Obfuscation
nodes should have more bearing on the XP of the poster than
Any other ideas?
J. J. Horner
Linux, Perl, Apache, Stronghold, Unix
Posts are HTML formatted. Put <p> </p> tags around your paragraphs. Put <code> </code> tags around your code and data!
Titles consisting of a single word are discouraged, and in most cases are disallowed outright.
Read Where should I post X? if you're not absolutely sure you're posting in the right place.
Please read these before you post! —
Posts may use any of the Perl Monks Approved HTML tags:
You may need to use entities for some characters, as follows. (Exception: Within code tags, you can put the characters literally.)
- a, abbr, b, big, blockquote, br, caption, center, col, colgroup, dd, del, div, dl, dt, em, font, h1, h2, h3, h4, h5, h6, hr, i, ins, li, ol, p, pre, readmore, small, span, spoiler, strike, strong, sub, sup, table, tbody, td, tfoot, th, thead, tr, tt, u, ul, wbr
Link using PerlMonks shortcuts! What shortcuts can I use for linking?
See Writeup Formatting Tips and other pages linked from there for more info.
| & || & |
| < || < |
| > || > |
| [ || [ |
| ] || ] ||