I'm excited about a PM-inspired 'reputation' or 'XP' attached to every CPAN module (proposed by tjh
above) with or w/o full-blown discussion! Consider some of the benefits:
- allow everyone to promote their fav modules
- inspire mod owners to improve their work for (documented, statistical) reward and recognition
- provide an indicator of the quality/usability of each mod for those unfamiliar w/ them
- provide a 'roadmap' for those wishing to learn new modules (highest to lowest reputation)
- provide a reference for CPAN admins if pruning decisions ever become necessary
Others surely can think of more...
May the Source be with you.
You said you wanted to be around when I made a mistake; well, this could be it, sweetheart.
Posts are HTML formatted. Put <p> </p> tags around your paragraphs. Put <code> </code> tags around your code and data!
Titles consisting of a single word are discouraged, and in most cases are disallowed outright.
Read Where should I post X? if you're not absolutely sure you're posting in the right place.
Please read these before you post! —
Posts may use any of the Perl Monks Approved HTML tags:
You may need to use entities for some characters, as follows. (Exception: Within code tags, you can put the characters literally.)
- a, abbr, b, big, blockquote, br, caption, center, col, colgroup, dd, del, div, dl, dt, em, font, h1, h2, h3, h4, h5, h6, hr, i, ins, li, ol, p, pre, readmore, small, span, spoiler, strike, strong, sub, sup, table, tbody, td, tfoot, th, thead, tr, tt, u, ul, wbr
Link using PerlMonks shortcuts! What shortcuts can I use for linking?
See Writeup Formatting Tips and other pages linked from there for more info.
| & || & |
| < || < |
| > || > |
| [ || [ |
| ] || ] ||