So true... within each response one can see a little window into the responders soul:
- Angry monk:
- Site How To The Old Perl Monks FAQ What makes a bad question? Before You Post ... How (Not) To Ask A Question How to RTFM How to ask questions the smart way
- All forrest no trees monk:
- use strict or die;
- Curt monk:
- see pacopod
- I already asked that monk:
- I already asked that here.
- Too much time on his hands monk:
- Here are several wonderful nodes on the subject by our beloved brother tilly that I have found useful.
- No time on his hands monk:
- Don't reinvent the wheel, use God::Paco from the CPAN.
- Too helpful monk:
- As you see in the code below, I've rewritten your regex and incorporated a rather interesting example of the Swartzian Transform. Also, I've made it object-oriented to improve readability.
- Module monk:
- I've written a module for this that I haven't published to the CPAN yet.
- Column monk:
- I've already written a column about that.
- Benchmark monk:
- Your solution is very slow compared to Perl's native paco function:
Benchmark: timing 10000 iterations of paco, wako...
paco: 4 secs ( 3.97 usr 0.01 sys = 3.98 cpu)
wako: 6 secs ( 4.97 usr 0.00 sys = 4.97 cpu)
- Einstein monk:
my $contextual = '(?:c(?:bex|e(?:bax|vpxf?)|hff(?:vrf|l)|vff(?:\\ gnxr
+\ ubyr|\\-ubyr|ubyr|[fq])|vat|r)|ff(?:\\ ubyrf?|\\-ubyrf?|rq|ubyrf?|v
+vat)?)|u(?:hzc(?:r(?:ef|[eq])|vat|f)?|n(?:eq[\\-\\ ]?ba|ys(?:\\ n[fe]
(UPDATE: Fixed some thread display issues. Funny how an HTML definition list looks different in a thread than as a stand alone node.)
(UPDATE 2: Doing an XHTML version of a DL seems to fix the formatting on the different views (Thanks to Aristotle for the idea). Let me know if there are still problems. Also, how about golf monk? )
Posts are HTML formatted. Put <p> </p> tags around your paragraphs. Put <code> </code> tags around your code and data!
Read Where should I post X? if you're not absolutely sure you're posting in the right place.
Please read these before you post! —
Posts may use any of the Perl Monks Approved HTML tags:
Outside of code tags, you may need to use entities for some characters:
- a, abbr, b, big, blockquote, br, caption, center, col, colgroup, dd, del, div, dl, dt, em, font, h1, h2, h3, h4, h5, h6, hr, i, ins, li, ol, p, pre, readmore, small, span, spoiler, strike, strong, sub, sup, table, tbody, td, tfoot, th, thead, tr, tt, u, ul, wbr
Link using PerlMonks shortcuts! What shortcuts can I use for linking?
See Writeup Formatting Tips and other pages linked from there for more info.
| & || & |
| < || < |
| > || > |
| [ || [ |
| ] || ] ||