O.K., folks, it's time to vent some venom, blow off some steam, push the red button on a big dose of catharsis, whatever. You know you want to. You know you need to. So let's have it.
The subject of this round is
There's a level of Hell reserved for ___________.
Perl-related venting only, please. Or at least keep it technical. Go Anonymous if you must, but please no picking on fellow monks.
- There's a level of Hell reserved for people who write "as_string" methods that have significant side-effects.
- There's a level of Hell reserved for people who write great, massive blocks of comments that have, at best, a fictional relationship to the code that follows.
- There's a level of Hell reserved for people who sneak in "fixes" at the very, very last possible moment, breaking a release in the process.
- There's a level of Hell reserved for Product Managers who decide to change the name of the product after you're in code freeze.
- There's a very special level of Hell reserved for Sales droids who sell customers stuff that you don't make, and then forget to tell you until the customer is on-site for a training class.
- There's a special row of seats in Purgatory for people who write "PERL".
Posts are HTML formatted. Put <p> </p> tags around your paragraphs. Put <code> </code> tags around your code and data!
Read Where should I post X? if you're not absolutely sure you're posting in the right place.
Please read these before you post! —
Posts may use any of the Perl Monks Approved HTML tags:
You may need to use entities for some characters, as follows. (Exception: Within code tags, you can put the characters literally.)
- a, abbr, b, big, blockquote, br, caption, center, col, colgroup, dd, del, div, dl, dt, em, font, h1, h2, h3, h4, h5, h6, hr, i, ins, li, ol, p, pre, readmore, small, span, spoiler, strike, strong, sub, sup, table, tbody, td, tfoot, th, thead, tr, tt, u, ul, wbr
Link using PerlMonks shortcuts! What shortcuts can I use for linking?
See Writeup Formatting Tips and other pages linked from there for more info.
| & || & |
| < || < |
| > || > |
| [ || [ |
| ] || ] ||