- ...Marketing executroids. All of them. From their inability to recognize a good idea that they didn't steal themselves to their belief that shipping on time is more important than shipping a good product, they are a blight on the planet, and will be the first ones up against the wall when the revolution comes.
- ...Managers who assign responsibility without granting authority.
- ...Managers who assign "rush projects" on Friday afternoon.
- ...Programmers who don't bathe.
- ...Product Managers who change the spec halfway through the development cycle. "Uh, as it turns out, Oracle isn't a free database. We need you to make the system work with MySQL by next Monday because we can't slip the release."
- ...Product Managers who make radical changes to the spec every release. "It'll be the same product, but instead of C and Perl under BSD, it'll be Java under Windows NT."
"What do I want? I'm an American. I want more."
Posts are HTML formatted. Put <p> </p> tags around your paragraphs. Put <code> </code> tags around your code and data!
Read Where should I post X? if you're not absolutely sure you're posting in the right place.
Please read these before you post! —
Posts may use any of the Perl Monks Approved HTML tags:
You may need to use entities for some characters, as follows. (Exception: Within code tags, you can put the characters literally.)
- a, abbr, b, big, blockquote, br, caption, center, col, colgroup, dd, del, div, dl, dt, em, font, h1, h2, h3, h4, h5, h6, hr, i, ins, li, ol, p, pre, readmore, small, span, spoiler, strike, strong, sub, sup, table, tbody, td, tfoot, th, thead, tr, tt, u, ul, wbr
Link using PerlMonks shortcuts! What shortcuts can I use for linking?
See Writeup Formatting Tips and other pages linked from there for more info.
| & || & |
| < || < |
| > || > |
| [ || [ |
| ] || ] ||