Just as a reminder -- this section is not about hiding code so others can't see it.
This section is about posting code that makes use of clever mechanisms and "whose function is not immediately apparent to anyone" (Where should I post X?). You might have noticed that one of the goals people have when code is posted here is to immediately de-obfuscate it and analyze the way it works :). You might ask yourself why someone might want to do this...
- It can be artful, and therefore appreciated as art.
- It can teach about in-depth perl principles.
- It is an intellectual exercise.
- It helps you to show off how smart you are ;-).
- Analyzing such code helps you to improve your code-reading skills.
Code posted in this section definitely is not the thing you'd want to use in a commercial application, for various reasons.
Posts are HTML formatted. Put <p> </p> tags around your paragraphs. Put <code> </code> tags around your code and data!
Read Where should I post X? if you're not absolutely sure you're posting in the right place.
Please read these before you post! —
Posts may use any of the Perl Monks Approved HTML tags:
Outside of code tags, you may need to use entities for some characters:
- a, abbr, b, big, blockquote, br, caption, center, col, colgroup, dd, del, div, dl, dt, em, font, h1, h2, h3, h4, h5, h6, hr, i, ins, li, ol, p, pre, readmore, small, span, spoiler, strike, strong, sub, sup, table, tbody, td, tfoot, th, thead, tr, tt, u, ul, wbr
Link using PerlMonks shortcuts! What shortcuts can I use for linking?
See Writeup Formatting Tips and other pages linked from there for more info.
| & || & |
| < || < |
| > || > |
| [ || [ |
| ] || ] ||