One comment: there is one section I woudl like to see expanded: links. I know it always takes me a while to figure out how to link to somewhere else in the file, outside of the file, what I am allowed to link to etc... and half of the time I get it wrong.
pod2html would break every promise I make, so here's my practical guide to linking in pod:
- Linking to URLs: Just put the URL in there and make sure it's followed by whitespace to avoid having too much interpunction in the link itself.
- Linking to e-mail addresses: Why? Want spam or something? Just put the address in there and it'll probably get linked - and harvested.
- Linking within the same document: pod2html will try to do this automatically.
- Linking to other documents: L<perlfoo>
I use explicit links only in SEE ALSO.
But I think only TorgoX really knows what is and what is not allowed.
- email@example.com (do not use).
Posts are HTML formatted. Put <p> </p> tags around your paragraphs. Put <code> </code> tags around your code and data!
Read Where should I post X? if you're not absolutely sure you're posting in the right place.
Please read these before you post! —
Posts may use any of the Perl Monks Approved HTML tags:
Outside of code tags, you may need to use entities for some characters:
- a, abbr, b, big, blockquote, br, caption, center, col, colgroup, dd, del, div, dl, dt, em, font, h1, h2, h3, h4, h5, h6, hr, i, ins, li, ol, p, pre, readmore, small, span, spoiler, strike, strong, sub, sup, table, tbody, td, tfoot, th, thead, tr, tt, u, ul, wbr
Link using PerlMonks shortcuts! What shortcuts can I use for linking?
See Writeup Formatting Tips and other pages linked from there for more info.
| & || & |
| < || < |
| > || > |
| [ || [ |
| ] || ] ||