I caught myself staring at the screen, looking at my own homenode
"Wow, 1350.. I'm getting old in here", suddenly I found that I was thinking of node numbers in the same way that you might look at distant cousin that you haven't seen since you were a kid. Appreciation of how one came to be, growing up. Nostalgic. I doubt that Perl Monks has hit its full-mature-self yet, but it sure has come a long way...
Do you remember the days:
(the above are not sorted in any particular chronological order, well, sorta)
- When a good post was awarded 10 votes?
- When there was no #perlmonks (or trout)?
- When btrott and chromatic were scribes?
- When node ids had 4 digits?
- When there were no user monk pics in rotation?
- When the chatterbox was usually empty?
- When vroom actually had time enough to post answers?
- When neshura posted her 1st pic?
- When polls got less than 100 votes total?
- When there was no voting/expirience system?
- When you could remember all of the monks by their handles?
- When perlmonks was a habit and not an addiction?
# Trust no1!
In reply to Nostalgic
Posts are HTML formatted. Put <p> </p> tags around your paragraphs. Put <code> </code> tags around your code and data!
Titles consisting of a single word are discouraged, and in most cases are disallowed outright.
Read Where should I post X? if you're not absolutely sure you're posting in the right place.
Please read these before you post! —
Posts may use any of the Perl Monks Approved HTML tags:
You may need to use entities for some characters, as follows. (Exception: Within code tags, you can put the characters literally.)
- a, abbr, b, big, blockquote, br, caption, center, col, colgroup, dd, del, div, dl, dt, em, font, h1, h2, h3, h4, h5, h6, hr, i, ins, li, ol, p, pre, readmore, small, span, spoiler, strike, strong, sub, sup, table, tbody, td, tfoot, th, thead, tr, tt, u, ul, wbr
Link using PerlMonks shortcuts! What shortcuts can I use for linking?
See Writeup Formatting Tips and other pages linked from there for more info.
| & || & |
| < || < |
| > || > |
| [ || [ |
| ] || ] ||