I am replying to the original because I wanted to comment on items addressed throughout the thread...
- The "edit your scratchpad" link in the scratchpad viewer is a good start, the link at the bottom needs <p> tags around it though, at the moment it runs in with the last line of whatever is in the scratchpad.
- I tried but I couldn't add a link to my scratchpad to my "personal nodelet", the username gets stripped. (I keep wishing that I could edit the stuff in my personal nodelet, to change titles for example, though since • was re-enabled that is less pressing *grin*)
- I'm with ysth being able to edit and preview on the same window would be goodly (thanks for the discussion tye and ysth it is nice to see the thinking process behind design).
- If some enterprising monk wants to earn some ++ and good will the PerlMonks FAQ seems like it could benefit from an update on the subject of scratch pads :)
Thats probably enough from me on this otherwise fine Saturday morning :)
Do not seek to follow in the footsteps of the wise. Seek what they sought. -Basho
Posts are HTML formatted. Put <p> </p> tags around your paragraphs. Put <code> </code> tags around your code and data!
Read Where should I post X? if you're not absolutely sure you're posting in the right place.
Please read these before you post! —
Posts may use any of the Perl Monks Approved HTML tags:
You may need to use entities for some characters, as follows. (Exception: Within code tags, you can put the characters literally.)
- a, abbr, b, big, blockquote, br, caption, center, col, colgroup, dd, del, div, dl, dt, em, font, h1, h2, h3, h4, h5, h6, hr, i, ins, li, ol, p, pre, readmore, small, span, spoiler, strike, strong, sub, sup, table, tbody, td, tfoot, th, thead, tr, tt, u, ul, wbr
Link using PerlMonks shortcuts! What shortcuts can I use for linking?
See Writeup Formatting Tips and other pages linked from there for more info.
| & || & |
| < || < |
| > || > |
| [ || [ |
| ] || ] ||