Along similar lines, I have this posted in my office:
The Intrapreneur's Ten Commandments
• Come to work each day willing to be fired.
• Circumvent any orders aimed at stopping your dream.
• Do any job needed to make your project work, regardless of your job description.
• Find people to help you.
• Follow your intuition about the people you choose, and work only with the best.
• Work underground as long as you can - publicity triggers the corporate immune mechanism.
• Never bet on a race unless you are running it.
• It is easier to ask for forgiveness than for permission.
• Be true to your goals, but be realistic about the ways to achieve them.
• Honor your sponsors.
[From Intrapreneuring, Gifford Pinchot III.]
I don't pretend to understand them all deeply, but they speak volumes.
Quantum Mechanics: The dreams stuff is made of
Posts are HTML formatted. Put <p> </p> tags around your paragraphs. Put <code> </code> tags around your code and data!
Read Where should I post X? if you're not absolutely sure you're posting in the right place.
Please read these before you post! —
Posts may use any of the Perl Monks Approved HTML tags:
Outside of code tags, you may need to use entities for some characters:
- a, abbr, b, big, blockquote, br, caption, center, col, colgroup, dd, del, div, dl, dt, em, font, h1, h2, h3, h4, h5, h6, hr, i, ins, li, ol, p, pre, readmore, small, span, spoiler, strike, strong, sub, sup, table, tbody, td, tfoot, th, thead, tr, tt, u, ul, wbr
Link using PerlMonks shortcuts! What shortcuts can I use for linking?
See Writeup Formatting Tips and other pages linked from there for more info.
| & || & |
| < || < |
| > || > |
| [ || [ |
| ] || ] ||