This area seems far underused, but I need to cleanse my sins, really. My faults:
- I have been an XP whore
- I make sure to post detailed information that I may not completely understand
- I've used up all my votes in order to gain experience, although I voted on worthy posts
- I posted a reply to a CUFP that showed a faster, simpler, untested method of doing the same thing, with the simple comment "Untested."
- I was trying to show off my skill, when I realised that hundreds of monks knew the same thing better than I; it was humbling
- This one has been on my conscience for a few days
- I have been neglecting reading the site, and have been unable to make valid contributions to help better my fellow monks
I feel better, having got that out. I'm sorry, all! Please forgive.
Who will not mercie unto others show, How can he mercie ever hope to have?
~Edmund Spenser in The Faerie Queene (bk. VI, canto I, st. 42)
Posts are HTML formatted. Put <p> </p> tags around your paragraphs. Put <code> </code> tags around your code and data!
Read Where should I post X? if you're not absolutely sure you're posting in the right place.
Please read these before you post! —
Posts may use any of the Perl Monks Approved HTML tags:
You may need to use entities for some characters, as follows. (Exception: Within code tags, you can put the characters literally.)
- a, abbr, b, big, blockquote, br, caption, center, col, colgroup, dd, del, div, dl, dt, em, font, h1, h2, h3, h4, h5, h6, hr, i, ins, li, ol, p, pre, readmore, small, span, spoiler, strike, strong, sub, sup, table, tbody, td, tfoot, th, thead, tr, tt, u, ul, wbr
Link using PerlMonks shortcuts! What shortcuts can I use for linking?
See Writeup Formatting Tips and other pages linked from there for more info.
| & || & |
| < || < |
| > || > |
| [ || [ |
| ] || ] ||