1. Provide an indicator for login status (perhaps in the title bar?)
Hmmm.... I'm disinclined to do this, at least in the foreseeable future. If you want your login status,
you can always go to the config tab. What I do need to do, though, is disable the cb submit box if not
2. Do not use the color red for "active" status but green instead. I thought the login had failed when the status became red.
3. Add a scroll bar to the text dialogue history.
Also not high on my list of priorities; you can effectively scroll by moving the cursor (via
either keyboard or mouse) in the text box. But yes, it would be a nice "bell-and-whistle".
4. Add an option to remove the timestamp.
Of greater priority is getting the timezone stuff worked out. cbhistory stores the time in a different
format than is dished up by the cb ticker.
5. Fontcontrol would be nice.
The UI aspects of the program need lots of improvements and enhancements. Not just font control;
also management of tabs/tickers, queries, alerts, config save/load, etc. etc.
6. Give yourself some credit! Add an About menu.
Maybe an 'About' tab...
Thank you for all your excellent feedback, and thanks for trying out my software!
Posts are HTML formatted. Put <p> </p> tags around your paragraphs. Put <code> </code> tags around your code and data!
Titles consisting of a single word are discouraged, and in most cases are disallowed outright.
Read Where should I post X? if you're not absolutely sure you're posting in the right place.
Please read these before you post! —
Posts may use any of the Perl Monks Approved HTML tags:
You may need to use entities for some characters, as follows. (Exception: Within code tags, you can put the characters literally.)
- a, abbr, b, big, blockquote, br, caption, center, col, colgroup, dd, del, div, dl, dt, em, font, h1, h2, h3, h4, h5, h6, hr, i, ins, li, ol, p, pre, readmore, small, span, spoiler, strike, strong, sub, sup, table, tbody, td, tfoot, th, thead, tr, tt, u, ul, wbr
Link using PerlMonks shortcuts! What shortcuts can I use for linking?
See Writeup Formatting Tips and other pages linked from there for more info.
| & || & |
| < || < |
| > || > |
| [ || [ |
| ] || ] ||