There is clearly a lot good about the site. However there
is always room for improvement. Here is a short list of
- It appears that quotes can cause titles to be cut off.
I would double-check why that is happening. That kind of
thing sets a flag off in my head for improperly validated
database input which makes me wonder if there is actually
a security issue.
- Take another look at Why I like functional programming. I would personally
find some of the features in that code quite nice to have.
(Even if you don't borrow the code itself.)
- Site-specific documentation and tutorials are
weaknesses. Take a look at a wiki or two for ideas on how
to have communally edited documents which many people can
contribute to. Put up that infrastructure and see if we
don't get better tutorials from the community over time.
- Node histories are a pet peeve of mine. Nice to have.
Categorize those as you want...
Posts are HTML formatted. Put <p> </p> tags around your paragraphs. Put <code> </code> tags around your code and data!
Read Where should I post X? if you're not absolutely sure you're posting in the right place.
Please read these before you post! —
Posts may use any of the Perl Monks Approved HTML tags:
Outside of code tags, you may need to use entities for some characters:
- a, abbr, b, big, blockquote, br, caption, center, col, colgroup, dd, del, div, dl, dt, em, font, h1, h2, h3, h4, h5, h6, hr, i, ins, li, ol, p, pre, readmore, small, span, spoiler, strike, strong, sub, sup, table, tbody, td, tfoot, th, thead, tr, tt, u, ul, wbr
Link using PerlMonks shortcuts! What shortcuts can I use for linking?
See Writeup Formatting Tips and other pages linked from there for more info.
| & || & |
| < || < |
| > || > |
| [ || [ |
| ] || ] ||