From perusing jcwren
's way-cool Perl Monks Stats
, I've noticed that I can gain as much XP from voting in a day as rep of some daily best nodes
. This got me to thinking (yeah, I know - Danger, Will Robinson ;^)
I submit that it might benefit PM if the odds of gaining XP for voting decreased when a monk hit,say, Abbot(7) or Bishop(8). Basically a logical extension to Monk(5) and higher not having the vote-out bonus. My thought is that it would let me continue to apply my votes, but without feeling like I'm taking advantage of the system. Of course, Perl guru monks could still easily reach higher levels from XP gained by their excellent posts.
Far-from-complete list of potential issues:
- could it be done easily within PM code?
- fairness to affected PMers? (existing Abotts, Bishops, Pontifs who aspire to Sainthood)
- too soon after vote-out-bonus change of August?
- mobs of angry, torch-wielding villagers?
- other ramifications?
- alternate remedies?
I'm not completely sold on the idea myself. What do y'all think - is it a dumb idea, or might it have merit for vroom's consideration?
striving for Perl Adept
it's pronounced "why-bick"
Posts are HTML formatted. Put <p> </p> tags around your paragraphs. Put <code> </code> tags around your code and data!
Titles consisting of a single word are discouraged, and in most cases are disallowed outright.
Read Where should I post X? if you're not absolutely sure you're posting in the right place.
Please read these before you post! —
Posts may use any of the Perl Monks Approved HTML tags:
You may need to use entities for some characters, as follows. (Exception: Within code tags, you can put the characters literally.)
- a, abbr, b, big, blockquote, br, caption, center, col, colgroup, dd, del, div, dl, dt, em, font, h1, h2, h3, h4, h5, h6, hr, i, ins, li, ol, p, pre, readmore, small, span, spoiler, strike, strong, sub, sup, table, tbody, td, tfoot, th, thead, tr, tt, u, ul, wbr
Link using PerlMonks shortcuts! What shortcuts can I use for linking?
See Writeup Formatting Tips and other pages linked from there for more info.
| & || & |
| < || < |
| > || > |
| [ || [ |
| ] || ] ||