Let's not forget the classic error messages of days gone by:
- I'm sorry Dave. I cannot do that. -- Hal 2000. ("No Hal2000 computer has ever made a mistake.")
- Danger Will Robinson! Danger! Danger! -- Robot from the Swiss Family Robinson (I think)
- Would you like to play a game? -- Wargames, with Matthew Broderick
- That is against my programming. -- Terminator (also worthy of mention: Hasta la vista, baby!)
- Also from terminator: "I'll be back" (Spoken just as the Terminator lowers itself into a vat of molten metal. Aren't you glad Windows never pulls that trick on you?)
- The ubiquitous "Red Alert" from Star Trek. ...could mean Klingons are attacking, or could mean the fridge is stuck in defrost mode. You never know till Spock pulls out the Tricorder.
- "Check Engine" light. (Ok, that's not days gone by... but talk about utterly useless!)
- Three bombs on the screen (Macintosh, cerca 1989).
- CGI-Enurl 1.07: new version 1.07 available in ActiveState Package Repository -- Output from ppm upgrade. Note the version numbers.
Posts are HTML formatted. Put <p> </p> tags around your paragraphs. Put <code> </code> tags around your code and data!
Titles consisting of a single word are discouraged, and in most cases are disallowed outright.
Read Where should I post X? if you're not absolutely sure you're posting in the right place.
Please read these before you post! —
Posts may use any of the Perl Monks Approved HTML tags:
You may need to use entities for some characters, as follows. (Exception: Within code tags, you can put the characters literally.)
- a, abbr, b, big, blockquote, br, caption, center, col, colgroup, dd, del, div, dl, dt, em, font, h1, h2, h3, h4, h5, h6, hr, i, ins, li, ol, p, pre, readmore, small, span, spoiler, strike, strong, sub, sup, table, tbody, td, tfoot, th, thead, tr, tt, u, ul, wbr
Link using PerlMonks shortcuts! What shortcuts can I use for linking?
See Writeup Formatting Tips and other pages linked from there for more info.
| & || & |
| < || < |
| > || > |
| [ || [ |
| ] || ] ||