I can't speak for the market, but if you wanted to work
for me, I'd like to see:
- A sound understanding of general QA principles and the whole development life cycle.
- Good knowledge of QA techniques and when to apply them (e.g. Design for Testability, Mock Objects, Stubs, ...).
- An understanding of the different possible types of testing: unit testing, white box testing, black box testing, system testing, acceptance testing, stress testing, documentation-driven testing, exploratory testing, beta testing, ...
- A feel for what to test so as to get best value for money from testing (since there are an infinite number of things you could test).
- Knowing when to automate a test.
- Know how to ensure requirements are testable.
- Experience writing test plans.
- Experience with Test::More and associated CPAN modules.
- Experience with Test::Harness, Devel::Cover and the prove command.
- Knowledge/experience with tools, such as bug tracking, CM (e.g. Subversion), truss, valgrind, mech, HTML verification tools, lsof, ethereal, wikis, ...
- Ability to write automated test harnesses for black box and system testing.
- Ability to set up test labs.
- Reasonable sysadmin and build engineering skills and domain knowledge.
Posts are HTML formatted. Put <p> </p> tags around your paragraphs. Put <code> </code> tags around your code and data!
Read Where should I post X? if you're not absolutely sure you're posting in the right place.
Please read these before you post! —
Posts may use any of the Perl Monks Approved HTML tags:
Outside of code tags, you may need to use entities for some characters:
- a, abbr, b, big, blockquote, br, caption, center, col, colgroup, dd, del, div, dl, dt, em, font, h1, h2, h3, h4, h5, h6, hr, i, ins, li, ol, p, pre, readmore, small, span, spoiler, strike, strong, sub, sup, table, tbody, td, tfoot, th, thead, tr, tt, u, ul, wbr
Link using PerlMonks shortcuts! What shortcuts can I use for linking?
See Writeup Formatting Tips and other pages linked from there for more info.
| & || & |
| < || < |
| > || > |
| [ || [ |
| ] || ] ||