OK, OK, so these sound more like commandments than sins. I just figure given the religious undertones of the site we could use a hard point of reference when people do Bad Things.
- Thou shalt not post a Frequently Asked Question, nor shalt thou post what can be found through a trivial search.
- Thou shalt not post homework and attempt to pass it off as a legitimate "problem". Homework shall be labeled as such and help shall flow.
- Thou shalt not re-invent the wheel. Your Gods have blessed upon thee their Modules, and have declared these Modules fair and complete.
- Thou shalt not post without rich and accurate descriptions. Vague problems will result in, at best, vague answers.
- Thou shalt always use strict and warnings.
- Thou shalt always check for errors. All significant functions will report to thyself a success or failure, and error messages will appear in $! (or $@).
- Thou shalt not post SOPW questions in inappropriate places. Chatterbox solutions do not benefit the community.
2006-06-16 Retitled by GrandFather, as per Monastery guidelines
Original title: 'Commandments'
Posts are HTML formatted. Put <p> </p> tags around your paragraphs. Put <code> </code> tags around your code and data!
Titles consisting of a single word are discouraged, and in most cases are disallowed outright.
Read Where should I post X? if you're not absolutely sure you're posting in the right place.
Please read these before you post! —
Posts may use any of the Perl Monks Approved HTML tags:
You may need to use entities for some characters, as follows. (Exception: Within code tags, you can put the characters literally.)
- a, abbr, b, big, blockquote, br, caption, center, col, colgroup, dd, del, div, dl, dt, em, font, h1, h2, h3, h4, h5, h6, hr, i, ins, li, ol, p, pre, readmore, small, span, spoiler, strike, strong, sub, sup, table, tbody, td, tfoot, th, thead, tr, tt, u, ul, wbr
Link using PerlMonks shortcuts! What shortcuts can I use for linking?
See Writeup Formatting Tips and other pages linked from there for more info.
| & || & |
| < || < |
| > || > |
| [ || [ |
| ] || ] ||