And I respectfully disagree with that statement. If you spell it "PERL", it means a couple of things:
- You've not read perlfaq1
- You've not participated in a perlmonks thread where such a distinction was made
Don't forget the other important reasons...
- You know perfectly well what the difference is, but you like to see busy-body perlmonks blow a gasket.
- You're trying to win a bet as to who can create the most inane node at perlmonks.
- A college has expressed admiration and respect for the likes of Randal and Chromatic, and you want to show him they're just ordinary people who can be trolled like the rest of us.
Posts are HTML formatted. Put <p> </p> tags around your paragraphs. Put <code> </code> tags around your code and data!
Read Where should I post X? if you're not absolutely sure you're posting in the right place.
Please read these before you post! —
Posts may use any of the Perl Monks Approved HTML tags:
Outside of code tags, you may need to use entities for some characters:
- a, abbr, b, big, blockquote, br, caption, center, col, colgroup, dd, del, div, dl, dt, em, font, h1, h2, h3, h4, h5, h6, hr, i, ins, li, ol, p, pre, readmore, small, span, spoiler, strike, strong, sub, sup, table, tbody, td, tfoot, th, thead, tr, tt, u, ul, wbr
Link using PerlMonks shortcuts! What shortcuts can I use for linking?
See Writeup Formatting Tips and other pages linked from there for more info.
| & || & |
| < || < |
| > || > |
| [ || [ |
| ] || ] ||