If that area were only enhabited by newbies then who would teach you the rules (written or otherwise). Speaking as a newbie (I have only been here a few months). The Monastery is inclusionist. As long as you dont try
to upset people you wont. Dont worry about being a newbie get stuck in. You will soon be guided back to the path if you stray into areas that are likely to offend.
PS. OK Advice newbie to newbie
- Remember code tags if you post code nuffin will get more -- votes.
- Remember to try, if you want to ask a question cool but have a bash first. If you do this then however dumb the question no-one will care.
- Try to make your questions as precise as possible, for you own benifit. The answers are likely to be more appropriate.
- MOST IMPORTANT OF ALL. The Monastry is a comunity you get out what you put it. I have learnt much more investigating other peoples questions than asking my own. Get stuck in and join the comunity.
Posts are HTML formatted. Put <p> </p> tags around your paragraphs. Put <code> </code> tags around your code and data!
Titles consisting of a single word are discouraged, and in most cases are disallowed outright.
Read Where should I post X? if you're not absolutely sure you're posting in the right place.
Please read these before you post! —
Posts may use any of the Perl Monks Approved HTML tags:
You may need to use entities for some characters, as follows. (Exception: Within code tags, you can put the characters literally.)
- a, abbr, b, big, blockquote, br, caption, center, col, colgroup, dd, del, div, dl, dt, em, font, h1, h2, h3, h4, h5, h6, hr, i, ins, li, ol, p, pre, readmore, small, span, spoiler, strike, strong, sub, sup, table, tbody, td, tfoot, th, thead, tr, tt, u, ul, wbr
Link using PerlMonks shortcuts! What shortcuts can I use for linking?
See Writeup Formatting Tips and other pages linked from there for more info.
| & || & |
| < || < |
| > || > |
| [ || [ |
| ] || ] ||