I think his scenario is something along the lines of:
- Interesting post occurs 5 layers down in a thread (c.f. the recent threading discussion in meditations)
- He'd like to msg someone a pointer directly to that post, but to do so he's got to:
- Copy the link from the node's title
- Paste it into the msg box
- Clean it up manually down to the [id://] format
If the nodes had a copy of the id number (perhaps next to the node's tile in a div that's hidden by default in the stock CSS) he could cut and paste from that easily, just like you can cut and paste from the Node Status Nodelet for the node you're actually looking at.
Posts are HTML formatted. Put <p> </p> tags around your paragraphs. Put <code> </code> tags around your code and data!
Read Where should I post X? if you're not absolutely sure you're posting in the right place.
Please read these before you post! —
Posts may use any of the Perl Monks Approved HTML tags:
You may need to use entities for some characters, as follows. (Exception: Within code tags, you can put the characters literally.)
- a, abbr, b, big, blockquote, br, caption, center, col, colgroup, dd, del, div, dl, dt, em, font, h1, h2, h3, h4, h5, h6, hr, i, ins, li, ol, p, pre, readmore, small, span, spoiler, strike, strong, sub, sup, table, tbody, td, tfoot, th, thead, tr, tt, u, ul, wbr
Link using PerlMonks shortcuts! What shortcuts can I use for linking?
See Writeup Formatting Tips and other pages linked from there for more info.
| & || & |
| < || < |
| > || > |
| [ || [ |
| ] || ] ||