Um. Well. There's quite a few stumbling blocks here:
- I'd change the DBI connect to throw an error if it fails rather than use a conditional after.
- explain what %list is, since you don't include the declaration code here.
- same for getRecord()
- remove fluff code - the "if (scalar(@dbrec) > 6 )" has nothing to do with whether the key is deleted. heh, maybe that's the bug though and the delete line should be on the other side of the closing brace?
- in this context, the "if (@dbrec)" conditional is pointless too
Maybe then we'll have a chance at helping you...
Posts are HTML formatted. Put <p> </p> tags around your paragraphs. Put <code> </code> tags around your code and data!
Read Where should I post X? if you're not absolutely sure you're posting in the right place.
Please read these before you post! —
Posts may use any of the Perl Monks Approved HTML tags:
You may need to use entities for some characters, as follows. (Exception: Within code tags, you can put the characters literally.)
- a, abbr, b, big, blockquote, br, caption, center, col, colgroup, dd, del, div, dl, dt, em, font, h1, h2, h3, h4, h5, h6, hr, i, ins, li, ol, p, pre, readmore, small, span, spoiler, strike, strong, sub, sup, table, tbody, td, tfoot, th, thead, tr, tt, u, ul, wbr
Link using PerlMonks shortcuts! What shortcuts can I use for linking?
See Writeup Formatting Tips and other pages linked from there for more info.
| & || & |
| < || < |
| > || > |
| [ || [ |
| ] || ] ||