I have a few programs that I have been struggling with, any help/examples would be appreciated.
1. write a perl program that detects and eliminates double words like
"Paris in the the spring". The problem is that ANY word can appear
as a double word so you can't have a list of "possiblities" and
just check if the next word is also the same.
2. write a perl program that removes html from a webpage (instructions
delimited by <...>). Just output the page without the embedded html.
3. Write a perl program that checks an email file. Which pair of people
emailed each other the most?
4. write a perl program that determines the 5 oldest files if given
a directory listing.
2001-04-20 Edit by Corion : Added formatting
Posts are HTML formatted. Put <p> </p> tags around your paragraphs. Put <code> </code> tags around your code and data!
Titles consisting of a single word are discouraged, and in most cases are disallowed outright.
Read Where should I post X? if you're not absolutely sure you're posting in the right place.
Please read these before you post! —
Posts may use any of the Perl Monks Approved HTML tags:
You may need to use entities for some characters, as follows. (Exception: Within code tags, you can put the characters literally.)
- a, abbr, b, big, blockquote, br, caption, center, col, colgroup, dd, del, div, dl, dt, em, font, h1, h2, h3, h4, h5, h6, hr, i, ins, li, ol, p, pre, readmore, small, span, spoiler, strike, strong, sub, sup, table, tbody, td, tfoot, th, thead, tr, tt, u, ul, wbr
Link using PerlMonks shortcuts! What shortcuts can I use for linking?
See Writeup Formatting Tips and other pages linked from there for more info.
| & || & |
| < || < |
| > || > |
| [ || [ |
| ] || ] ||