What fun! Thankyou Andy, you've just improved a shite day significantly. Thanks also to Selected Best Nodes for giving me a great vintage node. (This is missingthepoint wasting time instead of working... caffeine deprivation)
My answers, before looking or reading the rest of the thread...
1. The Count of Monte Cristo (Dumas)
2. To Kill a Mockingbird (?)
3. The Power of One (Courtenay) ... Should it be 1/2 + 1/3 + 1/6?
4. For Whom the Bell Tolls (Hemingway?)
5. (The?) Twelfth Night (?)
6. Return of the King (Tolkien)
7. From Here to Eternity (?)
8. A Farewell to Arms (Hemingway)
9. The Postman Always Rings Twice (?) ... I half suspect I'm way off base here
10. The Hunt for Red October (Clancy) ... Great literature?!?
Posts are HTML formatted. Put <p> </p> tags around your paragraphs. Put <code> </code> tags around your code and data!
Read Where should I post X? if you're not absolutely sure you're posting in the right place.
Please read these before you post! —
Posts may use any of the Perl Monks Approved HTML tags:
Outside of code tags, you may need to use entities for some characters:
- a, abbr, b, big, blockquote, br, caption, center, col, colgroup, dd, del, div, dl, dt, em, font, h1, h2, h3, h4, h5, h6, hr, i, ins, li, ol, p, pre, readmore, small, span, spoiler, strike, strong, sub, sup, table, tbody, td, tfoot, th, thead, tr, tt, u, ul, wbr
Link using PerlMonks shortcuts! What shortcuts can I use for linking?
See Writeup Formatting Tips and other pages linked from there for more info.
| & || & |
| < || < |
| > || > |
| [ || [ |
| ] || ] ||