Confession is good for the soul. If you have anything you would like to confess, feel free to reply. You may do so anonymously. In fact, if you want to say, "I've been downvoting posts by that one monk
because I think he misses the point", you're probably better off being anonymous.
Forgive me father, for I have sinned. It's been quite a while since my last confession, especially since this isn't a regular monastery of the confessional variety.
Here is a list of my trespasses:
- I withheld positive votes from worthy posts by fellow monks when we were competing for top honors.
- I teased another monk in the chatterbox.
- I secretly considered adding a backdoor to give me more XP.
- I upvoted a monk based on his username, though he did make good posts.
- I used up all of my votes to gain XP rather than to promote good posts.
- I have not been going through Worst Nodes to rescue unfairly-downvoted posts recently.
- I criticized an article about Perl for perceived wrongs instead of reading the rest in context.
- I posted about the snake language to see if people would upvote it. Only a couple of people fell for it.
- I had a chatterbox submit form on my home node for a while, and I also played with layers to get an extra image.
For penance, I will figure something out. Maybe I'll write 'Hail, Kudra' ten times.
Seriously, if you have something to admit, something you've done that wasn't good for PM in general, this is the place. No grudges here.
Posts are HTML formatted. Put <p> </p> tags around your paragraphs. Put <code> </code> tags around your code and data!
Read Where should I post X? if you're not absolutely sure you're posting in the right place.
Please read these before you post! —
Posts may use any of the Perl Monks Approved HTML tags:
Outside of code tags, you may need to use entities for some characters:
- a, abbr, b, big, blockquote, br, caption, center, col, colgroup, dd, del, div, dl, dt, em, font, h1, h2, h3, h4, h5, h6, hr, i, ins, li, ol, p, pre, readmore, small, span, spoiler, strike, strong, sub, sup, table, tbody, td, tfoot, th, thead, tr, tt, u, ul, wbr
Link using PerlMonks shortcuts! What shortcuts can I use for linking?
See Writeup Formatting Tips and other pages linked from there for more info.
| & || & |
| < || < |
| > || > |
| [ || [ |
| ] || ] ||