OK, so I admit:
- to posting way too much in the week before would jump a level in order to get there faster ,
- to have gone through periods where I looked at the stats page 10 times a day
- to have snuk into the computer room on Sundays while my wife was asleep just to cast as many of my votes as possible, just to get the xp's before making breakfast,
- to have archived my first home node as a saint (except I missed the moment and it shows 3001 xp and a comment by arhuman in the CB saying
"LOL, you missed it!"...)
- to have posted much less since then,
- to have rationalized this behaviour by pretending (to myself!) that this way other monks have their chances,
- to have registered a second, stoopid, handle, because I thought it would be a clever joke (it wasn't...) (although I never used it to vote I wrote a couple of posts under that name),
- to have been thouroughly p****d off by seing the rep of a post my merlyn go up while my follow-up showing that he had made a mistake was stuck at rep 2, talk about personnality voting, pffuh!
- to have promoted some of my old nodes by linking them from new ones,
- to looking at the list of my posts by rep and to be really sad at how little technical content my best posts have (and no, I won't link to them!)
- to thinking that I am not the only one to have sinned and that the voting/xp system makes PM partly a game and that it is part of its addictive power, so at the end of the day those sins are part of enjoying the site. Amen!
Posts are HTML formatted. Put <p> </p> tags around your paragraphs. Put <code> </code> tags around your code and data!
Read Where should I post X? if you're not absolutely sure you're posting in the right place.
Please read these before you post! —
Posts may use any of the Perl Monks Approved HTML tags:
Outside of code tags, you may need to use entities for some characters:
- a, abbr, b, big, blockquote, br, caption, center, col, colgroup, dd, del, div, dl, dt, em, font, h1, h2, h3, h4, h5, h6, hr, i, ins, li, ol, p, pre, readmore, small, span, spoiler, strike, strong, sub, sup, table, tbody, td, tfoot, th, thead, tr, tt, u, ul, wbr
Link using PerlMonks shortcuts! What shortcuts can I use for linking?
See Writeup Formatting Tips and other pages linked from there for more info.
| & || & |
| < || < |
| > || > |
| [ || [ |
| ] || ] ||