Forgive me father Larry for I have sinned many times in the past month and greivous is the burden.
- I did fail in my promise to log into perlmonks once a day. Indeed I have only logged in three times in the past month.
- I did knowingly downvote a post because I didn't like the poster's name.
- I did write today in my Matlab exam some of the most heinous cruft ever to have graced paper. I only thank Larry that it will hopefully never get near a networked computer and risk escaping into the wide beyond. It would have worked though. In this sin is included the crime of cargo-cult code, direct translation from perl to matlab where possible and not using matlab's nice functions instead.
- I have not booted up my laptop or programmed Perl in over a month.
In my defence I can only say that I've been busy having exams, shooting competitions and that most distracting of posessions Elgon ducks
a girlfriend. I also wrote on my exam paper that the last question (basically a regexp exercise in a language without regexps) that it could be solved with a Perl one liner as opposed to about ten lines of matlab and then proceeded to play Perl golf, albeit badly, with the possibilities.
Posts are HTML formatted. Put <p> </p> tags around your paragraphs. Put <code> </code> tags around your code and data!
Titles consisting of a single word are discouraged, and in most cases are disallowed outright.
Read Where should I post X? if you're not absolutely sure you're posting in the right place.
Please read these before you post! —
Posts may use any of the Perl Monks Approved HTML tags:
You may need to use entities for some characters, as follows. (Exception: Within code tags, you can put the characters literally.)
- a, abbr, b, big, blockquote, br, caption, center, col, colgroup, dd, del, div, dl, dt, em, font, h1, h2, h3, h4, h5, h6, hr, i, ins, li, ol, p, pre, readmore, small, span, spoiler, strike, strong, sub, sup, table, tbody, td, tfoot, th, thead, tr, tt, u, ul, wbr
Link using PerlMonks shortcuts! What shortcuts can I use for linking?
See Writeup Formatting Tips and other pages linked from there for more info.
| & || & |
| < || < |
| > || > |
| [ || [ |
| ] || ] ||