Grab a selection of your favorite beer|wine|pop|soda|water|beverage of choice, sit down at your browser, and enjoy!
Take one sip when:
- Someone asks a question in a section other than Seekers of Perl Wisdom or Q&A
- Someone asks a question in Q&A that should be in Seekers of Perl Wisdom
- Someone asks a question with a vague title
- Someone advances to novice, acolyte, scribe, or monk
- Someone asks a completely non-perl related question.
- Meryln replies with a pointer to his columns
- Someone asks a question already in the FAQ
- Someone doesn't use CODE tags
- Someone asks a homework question
- A reply to a node either states "use strict", "-w", or "you could have found that with Super Search".
Take one chug when:
- Someone donates to kudra's World Domination Fund
- Nodereaper reaps a node
- Someone advances to friar, abbot, bishop, or pontiff
- Someone starts mass-downvoting everyone
- Vroom posts
- Someone has a question about their own homemade CGI.pm
- Someone complains that they cannot install a module
- Someone compares Perl to Java|Python|C|C++|C#|any other langauge
- There are more than 50 Other Users
- There are no Other Users
- Someone other than Erudil posts an ObFu
- Someone posts a JAPH
- You see a new sponser in the ad banner
- Someone asks a question, stating that they're new to perl but their job requires them to get this done within a limited time frame
Down a can when:
- Someone becomes a saint
- Erudil posts a new ObFu
- Someone posts a Tutorial or Review
- Vroom posts with a non-site related node
- A node gets more that -20 reputation before being reaped
- Someone posts Perl Poerty that actually compiles with use strict; and -w
- A saint completely blows an answer to a question
- Vroom issues a Quest
Down the entire case when:
(Feel free to add to this :-)
Dr. Michael K. Neylon - firstname.lastname@example.org
"You've left the lens cap of your mind on again, Pinky" - The Brain
Posts are HTML formatted. Put <p> </p> tags around your paragraphs. Put <code> </code> tags around your code and data!
Titles consisting of a single word are discouraged, and in most cases are disallowed outright.
Read Where should I post X? if you're not absolutely sure you're posting in the right place.
Please read these before you post! —
Posts may use any of the Perl Monks Approved HTML tags:
You may need to use entities for some characters, as follows. (Exception: Within code tags, you can put the characters literally.)
- a, abbr, b, big, blockquote, br, caption, center, col, colgroup, dd, del, div, dl, dt, em, font, h1, h2, h3, h4, h5, h6, hr, i, ins, li, ol, p, pre, readmore, small, span, spoiler, strike, strong, sub, sup, table, tbody, td, tfoot, th, thead, tr, tt, u, ul, wbr
Link using PerlMonks shortcuts! What shortcuts can I use for linking?
See Writeup Formatting Tips and other pages linked from there for more info.
| & || & |
| < || < |
| > || > |
| [ || [ |
| ] || ] ||