1. Can you further explain your "string of ord values", where you
I'm hoping to run your code and I'm not clear on that point.
To take a specific example of my 101 stroker:
where XXXXXXXXXXXX above is a string with ord values: 120, 47, 253, 22, 194, 9, 183, 44, 196, 55, 125, 246. A simple way to run this is:
$X = pack 'C*', 120, 47, 253, 22, 194, 9, 183, 44, 196, 55, 125, 246;
2. I like your attempt with "H|", and your final resignation(?) with "}".
Using "}" was unfortunate because (unlike H, say) it needs to be quoted. My search program showed that a minimally short solution consisting only of unquoted characters was not available.
3. Does a line break really not count as a stroke, as in your print statement?
Line breaks count as one character at the codegolf web site, so long as you
submit your entry in a file in Unix format (LF) -- if you are silly enough
to submit it in DOS format (CRLF) they count as two strokes. :)
That is, your codegolf score is simply the size of the file submitted.
4. I humbly suggest warn instead of print to save another stroke.
The codegolf test program checks what is written to stdout and ignores anything
written to stderr. Since warn writes to stderr it would
not pass the test program and would be rejected.
Posts are HTML formatted. Put <p> </p> tags around your paragraphs. Put <code> </code> tags around your code and data!
Read Where should I post X? if you're not absolutely sure you're posting in the right place.
Please read these before you post! —
Posts may use any of the Perl Monks Approved HTML tags:
Outside of code tags, you may need to use entities for some characters:
- a, abbr, b, big, blockquote, br, caption, center, col, colgroup, dd, del, div, dl, dt, em, font, h1, h2, h3, h4, h5, h6, hr, i, ins, li, ol, p, pre, readmore, small, span, spoiler, strike, strong, sub, sup, table, tbody, td, tfoot, th, thead, tr, tt, u, ul, wbr
Link using PerlMonks shortcuts! What shortcuts can I use for linking?
See Writeup Formatting Tips and other pages linked from there for more info.
| & || & |
| < || < |
| > || > |
| [ || [ |
| ] || ] ||