I see you've put in a lot of work, but as someone who uses the logged out view quite often, i find yours simply unreadable
- a lot of empty screen space on the right
- poll is on the bottom (as is chatterbox etc etc ) and its hard to read because there is not enough contrast
- using sans-serif font (Arial?), and mixing serif/sans-serif
- lego color scheme for code (hot blue, hot pink, orange, on two shades of brown)
- code looks ok without js only because the background is ends up whiter, so there is enough contrast for easy reading
- unreadable link colors (black on dark blue)
- complete disconnect between node title/content and author, I can't tell who wrote what
- tumorously dark floating footer which gets clipped, with bizzare prose, and its not even a navigational
- A visit to the monastery should not begin with It was a dark and gloomy night
You've also chosen a peculiar page to mock up, the monastery Gates, I don't think I've visited that page in years, but it has made this stand out
( by LanX on Jan 03, 2011 at 12:57 ) 7 direct replies Offer your reply
There are 7 replies already and even The real Monastery Gates
is providing a link to offer another one reply -- 7 replies is a lot, adding another one without viewing the existing ones would surely lead to duplication
See what it looks like for me
I hope this is helpful
Snooki want smoosh smoosh
Posts are HTML formatted. Put <p> </p> tags around your paragraphs. Put <code> </code> tags around your code and data!
Read Where should I post X? if you're not absolutely sure you're posting in the right place.
Please read these before you post! —
Posts may use any of the Perl Monks Approved HTML tags:
You may need to use entities for some characters, as follows. (Exception: Within code tags, you can put the characters literally.)
- a, abbr, b, big, blockquote, br, caption, center, col, colgroup, dd, del, div, dl, dt, em, font, h1, h2, h3, h4, h5, h6, hr, i, ins, li, ol, p, pre, readmore, small, span, spoiler, strike, strong, sub, sup, table, tbody, td, tfoot, th, thead, tr, tt, u, ul, wbr
Link using PerlMonks shortcuts! What shortcuts can I use for linking?
See Writeup Formatting Tips and other pages linked from there for more info.
| & || & |
| < || < |
| > || > |
| [ || [ |
| ] || ] ||