I downvoted this proposal because
- It's been thoroughly discussed before (cf jdporter's note above).
- Thumbs down (aka - -) is a relevant and appropriate response to false or garbage posts; a point contradicted in this proposal, IMO.
- Similarly, this is not eBay; nobody's transactions here necessarily involve financial gain or loss and reputation is to some extent or another a consequence of worthwhile contributions -- which is to say, wise answers, appropriate tutelage or even thoughtful voting (<rant> which does NOT include the ++ votes that appear so often for truly ill-formed questions</rant>).
- Just because I disagree with your proposal (and would oppose it, even were it presented without such easily disputed/rebutted "arguments in support")>.
- Finally, I second Your Mother's point, and call the question.
BTW, there must be more than one villain of the type you posit in your introduction: I probably downvote you nodes slightly more often than I ++ them (but then, most of them I leave unmolested in either direction.)
Posts are HTML formatted. Put <p> </p> tags around your paragraphs. Put <code> </code> tags around your code and data!
Titles consisting of a single word are discouraged, and in most cases are disallowed outright.
Read Where should I post X? if you're not absolutely sure you're posting in the right place.
Please read these before you post! —
Posts may use any of the Perl Monks Approved HTML tags:
You may need to use entities for some characters, as follows. (Exception: Within code tags, you can put the characters literally.)
- a, abbr, b, big, blockquote, br, caption, center, col, colgroup, dd, del, div, dl, dt, em, font, h1, h2, h3, h4, h5, h6, hr, i, ins, li, ol, p, pre, readmore, small, span, spoiler, strike, strong, sub, sup, table, tbody, td, tfoot, th, thead, tr, tt, u, ul, wbr
Link using PerlMonks shortcuts! What shortcuts can I use for linking?
See Writeup Formatting Tips and other pages linked from there for more info.
| & || & |
| < || < |
| > || > |
| [ || [ |
| ] || ] ||