-- email: $ perl -MMIME::Base64 -e 'print decode_base64("YWNlQHRvbW15YnV0bGVyLm1lCg==")'
"Keep moving forward" Shake it off, and step up. There's progress to be made, and no time to waste dwelling on past failures.
"It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice" *Note: I'm sorry for the times I wasn't nice.
A mistake can be valuable or costly, depending on how faithfully you pursue correction.
In my view, the main things about Perl that make it better than any other language are...
- its Flexibility (letting you do things the way you want)
- its Community of friendly and extremely intelligent persons (perlmonks, irc.perl.org, comp.lang.perl.misc for example)
- its "Culture of good documentation"
- the CPAN (and all that it entails and implies)
- the license to use it in complete freedom
Monks I've met
- I agree with fullermd that it's too many clicks every time to find "What shortcuts can I use for linking to other information?"
- It's helpful to be able to look at last hour of cb
Node Collection (needs work - alpha)
The great ones say this isn't important...but I still think it's fun:
Mon, Dec 10, 2012 5:21:48 PM
You gained 1 experience point. Congratulations, you have been promoted to Hermit! You have 500 points until level 11 - Chaplain.