zigster has asked for the wisdom of the Perl Monks concerning the following question:
I have been tasked with interviewing for a new perl position. My first task is to come up with come questions that test the candidates technical ability, both as a programmer and as a perl programmer. I confess I am at a loss with regard to perl questions. I have so far thought of:
- What arguments do you frequently use for the perl interpreter and what do they mean.
- What does the command 'use strict' do and why should you use it?
- What do the symbols $ @ and % mean when prefixing a variable.
- What elements of the perl language could you use to structure your code to allow for maximum re-use and maximum readability.
- What is a JAPH?
- What are the characteristics of a project that is well suited to perl.
- Why do you program in perl.