On behalf of the Parrot team, I'm proud to announce Parrot 0.4.8, "Eponymous." Parrot is a virtual machine aimed at running all dynamic languages.
You may now grab Parrot 0.4.8 from the CPAN.
New in 0.4.8:
- HLLCompiler: added tracing options, modified api
- PGE & TGE bugfixes and updates
- added global and lexical variable support
- added looping constructs, arrays, hashes
- Updated PHP ("Plumhead"), Tcl ("ParTcl"), forth, perl6, lua, abc, APL, WMLScript, punie
- ParTcl is passing > 24.9% of Tcl cvs-latest test suite
- perl6 now supports hashes, arrays, method calls, arity-based multisubs, quoted terms, ranges (non-lazy), try blocks, $!
- PDD01 "Overview" - updated
- PDD22 "I/O" - rewritten and approved
- Test Suite:
- Converted Perl 5 Regex tests to PIR, with notable speedup
- Added tests for opcodes, compilers, languages, and coding standards
- Major improvements in test coverage for 'pmc2c.pl'
- many bugfixes, enhancements, and coding standard updates
- extended support for non-core platforms including Tru64
If you'd like to develop on Parrot (or help develop Parrot itself), we recommend that you keep up with the latest and best Parrot code by using Subversion or SVK to access our source code repository; see instructions.
Thanks to all our contributors for making this possible, and our sponsors for supporting this project.
Share & Enjoy!